Last year many of you might have remembered I shared a sad ending, as Firefox OS have been stopped for Mobiles. It was really one of the bad news and most of the contributors felt they are alone in island. Then I got struck with my personal works and stopped my contributions for 2 months. But contributing to Mozilla & talking with other Mozillians is like sun rise for me, happens daily, since it didnt happen properly somewhat felt bad.
Then I started learning about WebExtensions in late March, and came up with some good post on them
- Learning more about Add-ons (Webextensions Model) to develop, evangelize, create content based on them.
- 10 Code Patch to various Mozilla Projects by end of April.
- Mentor new contributors to develop Add-ons and also to connect new contributors with other contributors of their interest.
My whole Focus area for 2017 is going to be Add-ons, my most important priority and contribution will be around this. In late 2016 I got opportunity to join Featured Add-ons Community Board and it will be starting from Jan 2017
- I will be joining with contributors in Tamilnadu to form Add-ons focus team.
- This team will be responsible to bring Featured Add-ons (atleast 2 per month) developed by Contributors in Tamilnadu (also India)
- Creating local contents and Add-ons API explanation.
- To develop skills in Add-ons & bringing more WebExtensions I would like to develop at least 1 Add-on per week. List of API’s to follow is available here
- I would also like to discuss the WebExtensions API in tamil.
- To Improve myself as Techspeaker I would be starting a series of learning meetup, offline Meetup in Chennai. Also planning to talk in 2 tech conferences.
- I started a little bit of JS code contribution to web-ext in June but my code didnt have good quality, so by March my aim is to send atleast 5 PR.
- Before April I am planning to organize 3 Add-ons community hackathon.
- Main outcome of hackathon is bring 25 quality developers who can be good evangelist for Add-ons.
- By June, I will be surely applying for Add-ons Review board (One of my dream).
Test Pilot project is one of the amazing project which I love so much, may be it has close relation with Add-ons.
- My first Focus for Test Pilot is to drive more traffic, so installations can be increased. Already I am working with Team in MozillaTN who are sharing the amazing features of Test Pilot add-ons and its uses.
- Second is to contribute to Code base of the add-ons. I love min-vid and Pageshot very much hope I will send 2 Patches to these project by March.
Above are my very personal goals.
But I have a very important community with me, Mozilla Tamilnadu. And shaping this community is more important than my personal goals.
- Helping to Revamp Mozilla Tamilnadu Website. (Highest Priority).
- Participating in #MozillaTN17 and engage with other contributors.
- Connecting contributors with Different pathways ( Expand community with MDN projects, Open Designs and so on..).
- Engaging with atleast 5 new contributors each month who I have never talked and sharing my pathways where I get started and helping them to connect with other active contributors.